GrahamsBloggerNovelTemplate
One year later and the cake and champagne are still so yummy!

The Proposal

Her Side
Back Story -
My parents had leaked to me long ago in January at my brother's wedding that he had asked them for their blessings in marrying me. This was not something that we had discussed so I was fairly certain that I wasn't suppose to know. I ended up having to hold my breath for 5 months . . .


05.05.05
I had just gotten home from work and we were getting ready to go out. I grabbed a poncho from the bedroom to wear because I felt like the shirt I was wearing wasn't very flattering. Ryan comes into the room and stops me. He puts his arms around my stomach and my waist and starts his speech. I interrupted him because I thought he was trying to tell me in a nice way that I needed to lose weight, something he has never done before. He keeps on talking and then it slowly dawns on me that he is proposing to me. I was floored! It was completely unexpected. I didn't know what to think. He reached into his backpack on the floor and pulled out a tiny, beautiful package from Diamond.com. Inside was my beautiful ring. He asked me to be his wife and I can think of nothing else I would rather be.

His Side (as told to her)
He knew that my brother's wedding was probably the only chance he was going to have to ask for my parents' blessings if he was to propose to me in February or March. He nervously approached my father and my dad's reaction made him think that he had done something wrong. My dad immediately asked him how much this was going to cost him. (Thanks, dad). Luckily, he called my mother over who excitedly assuaged his fears and could think of nothing better for the two of us. Of course, she was the first to blab to me that night.

When Ryan started looking seriously at rings he quickly learned that there was a lot to take into account. He said that he kept waiting for the perfect stone. My only stipulations were that it be a solitaire with either white gold or platinum and nothing too ornate. I like classic and elegant. Finally, in May, he was ready to make his purchase. The ring was guaranteed to be shipped by Mother's Day...

05.05.05
He ordered the ring on Monday, the 2nd. That following Thursday I had a hard time getting out of bed and decided to go into work late. Not 30 minutes after I left did the UPS man show up with three different forms for Ryan to sign. All day he thought I knew something was up when I had literally no idea. He thought I had seen his internet history that listed Diamond.com on it and that I knew a ring was on its way. He was nervous and antsy all day. I came home and he began his speech that he said he's been thinking of since February. Of course, when the time came he forgot it all. To me he said, everything that needed to be said.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww.... Angel I am so happy for you. But seriously now it's my turn!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

*Breaking into song* - "Cause we're going to the chapel and we're gonna get married - Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married - Going to the chapel of Love!"

Angel, my dearest wife, you know how much I love you and I couldn't be happier for you and Ryan! I can't wait to hear more about the wedding and come September, we'll party it up to celebrate!!

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I am so happy for the two of you. I am also glad that he finally asked, I thought for sure us girls were going to have to ask you for him. ;) You know I love you (you too Ryan!!) Congrats again and keep us posted on how everything goes.

Oh by the way...that ring is SO pretty!! Good choice Ryan!!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS ANGEL~!

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

We're married and back from our honeymoon! I'm in the process of collecting people's online pictures from our wedding. Please let us know if you have any to share!

Engagement Presents

The Centerpieces


Image hosted by Photobucket.com